Sunday 16 March 2014

Week 1: Settling down in St. Petersburg

My first two weeks in St. Petersburg were cozy and nice. It's a little bit colder than in Austria.. but it's ok. For Russians, it's already spring ;)


Some words to the nightlife: usually, parties are starting at midnight and the party folks are staying until the morning hours - like 6am ;) everyone is in a good mood and the dance floor is always crowded. Of course almost by girls. In short: it's much better than in Austria^^

After my first working day I was invited into a bar by my colleagues.
Unfortunately, we "watched" how some French people got robbed. Altogether there have been ~10 people in the bar (4 French, my colleagues and I) - the police arrived after 2 hours of waiting.. why should they hurry? no reason to rush ^^

Some quotes from my colleagues and other Russians I met:
"That's what you can expect from Russia. And be careful with your stuff in public places"
"Are you crazy? Why are you in Russia? I mean.. I wouldn't go to Pakistan if I was not forced to!"
"Crazy Russians!" - A waitress wanted to cheat on me. Just 500 rubles to much (10€)
"Do it the Russian style man" - Work tomorrow, party tonight.

But I didn't expect something else, ... so whatever.

For real St. Pete is a great place to live and not as bad as some Europeans may think.

So I think I can have a good, expensive and very funny time here in mother Russia ;)

Some pics:



sweet new home street

@holzer, veri & wetzi - thx for the warm cap. very useful :)


of course there's a fitness center in the ship's hull








dafuq bananas aren't number 1..

I can't read anything - random choice ;)

a good one

view from our office building




St. Pete @ night

cozy sandy beach - with some ice for cocktails :)

Russian architecture


skyline of st. pete. was better in real ;)






Out with our new friends from Moskwa




@ irish pub - my flat colleague Andreas, some random girl and me


some may think he's a photobomber. indeed :)

vodka, what else?

shittiest club in town

waiting for Borsch


oh you bloody soup! 

damn expensive restaurant. 20€ for a damn chicken^^


The holy bible.. would be better with some whisky as the damn bill









1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have a great fun in the wild east :D
    waitin' for more pics and Posts^^

    ReplyDelete